The McGraw Summer School Program- will take place on July 10th- August 4th from 8:00- 12:00 for incoming Kindergarteners through our exiting 5th graders at the Elementary School. Sign-ups went home to all families. If you need additional information please contact the Elementary School office.
The Elementary School will also be an official summer feeding site for any children in the local area ages Birth through 18. The Summer Feeding Program will be open Monday- Friday, July 10th- August 4th. Breakfast will be served from 8:00- 9:00 AM and lunch will be served from 11:00- 12:00 PM in the Elementary School cafeteria.
Some Fun Summer Learning Ideas….
Make sure you keep the learning going with different activities this summer. Some ideas might be to:
Make some beautiful memories with your children and have a great summer!
- Attend the Friday Summer Reading Programs at the McGraw Community Center sponsored by the Lamont Library
- Enjoy one of the many activities offered by the McGraw Village Recreation Department. (Calendar of Events for Recreation Programs may be found on our Community tab at the top of this page.)
- Play traditional board games such as: Uno, Monopoly, Boggle, Scrabble, Yahtzee, Apples to Apples, etc.
- Visit a local zoo- there are many in the area: Burnet Park Zoo in Syracuse, Ross Park Zoo in Binghamton, or The Wild Animal Park in Chittenango
- Plan a mystery field trip to somewhere special and have your children keep a journal of their trip.
- Try some fun fitness activities: hiking, swimming at the different local parks and pools, kayaking, etc.
- Continue practicing the basic math facts- addition, subtraction, multiplication, and addition using flash cards or simple playing cards.
- Let your child help with preparing summer recipes for family picnics and gatherings.
- Track miles and talk about the different towns that you drive through together.