Snacks and Water Bottles
Snacks in School
We do not have assigned snack days anymore, and there are important safety rules that must be followed due to COVID safety precautions.
How do we do snacks in Kindergarten?
Ideas for healthy snacks that kids love:
- All students will need to bring in their own snack, every day. School does not provide them and other students will only bring their own.
- Their snacks should not include juice, or other drinks
- Every student will need to bring in a water bottle that they can easily open and close tightly, on their own
- We have a water-filling station where they can fill them with fresh water as needed
- Water bottles can be kept in school, but will be sent home for washing as little as once a week, or as often as every day (This depends on parent preference, and COVID guidelines)
- PLEASE DO NOT SEND IN FLAVORED WATER OR DRINKS WITH SUGAR IN THEM, except as part of their packed lunch, and never send soda or carbonated drinks. Thank you for understanding :)
- We strongly suggest healthy snacks, and that you save the sugary ones for their Birthdays
- On their Birthday, students are allowed to bring in PREPACKAGED cookies or store bought cupcakes for their classmates. They must be unopened and cannot require utensils.
- goodfish crackers
- cheese crackers
- granola bars
- cut up fruit or veggies